Star Anise Badiyan and Powder
Star Aniseed is the dried fruit of a small, evergreen tree that grows upto eight meters. When dry the fruit assumes a starshape with six-eight carpels in a whorl radiating from the tip of the slender stem. The essential oil resides in the pericarp, not in the seed. The dried fruits may contain 5 to 8% of essential oil, which dominated by anethole (85 to 90%). The other components, phellandrene, safrole and terpineol, have only small effect on the aroma.
- Essential ingredient in many food preparations.
- Star anise can be used whole as a flavoring, its seeds can be used as a flavoring, and both are ground.
- It is also used in foods, beverages and and confectionery, soap making and perfumery.
- is frequently used to sweeten soups and meat stews in other types of cuisines.
- People try taking star anise for respiratory tract infections, lung swelling (inflammation), cough, bronchitis, the flu (influenza), swine flu, and bird flu
- for digestive tract problems including upset stomach, gas, loss of appetite, and colic in babies.
- Antibiotic Properties
- In foods and beverages, star anise is considered a culinary spice; both the seed and oil are used as flavoring.
|Regular Packaging||Bulk Packaging|
|• 25 gm||• 20 kg|
|• 50 gm||• 25 kg|
|• 100 gm||• 30 kg|
|• 500 gm||• 40 kg|
|• 1 kg||• 50 kg|
|• 60 kg|